Chat style display for HTML email client users

As I wrote before, things will improve, HTML mails will be viewed correctly in the next version. I suggest to take a look at the respective Delta Chat repositories on Github, where you can see each and every action in detail, even if you are no developer. (Neither am I.)

Projects like this one are not that straight forward. Perspectives must be found in every single detail: Which database/UX do I rely on when I want my app to run on different operating systems? How do I cope with APIs, different display views, etc.? This is an extremely huge project, and everyone is very committed. Compatibility to MUAs (classic mail clients, almost finished) and a change towards a different database layer are currently on the todo list. And fixing issues 24/7, of course.

So, please be patient and wait for the next release. And there is always room for improvement, we all know that…

This request is about how replies to regular HTML email clients are sent, and the display at the other end.

Assuming both sending and display are dealt with by what you refer to, the reply was to someone contradicting this.

And I wasn’t taking issue at the timescale, but the implication that how the message is displayed on a regular mail client doesn’t matter, and won’t impact the use by non techies, which doesn’t match my experience.

If your answer means that somewhere down the line, the replies to regular HTML email clients will make it obvious they aren’t spam, and are intended to be replied like an SMS, then the issue at the core of my request is noted, and all is fine.

However, the other poster contradicted this interpretation, and also made out it wasn’t an issue that mattered.