I just had it happen that messages were send unencrypted!?!?

Hello,
running Delta Chat 0.510.1 I just had it happen that one of the devices sent messages unencrypted to the other device (both devices are setup for different E-Mail-accounts). It kept sending unencrypted messages until I replied from the other device. That reply was correctly send encrypted. Since then the other device, that was previously sending unencrypted, returned to sending encrypted.
A) I wonder how that could happen!
B) That must under all circumstances never ever happen if Delta Chat is used in critical environments!

Feel free to comment and maybe tell me if I could be of any help to find out where the error lies.
Greets!

1 Like

Thats normal behavior if the devices/accounts don’t know eachothers keys yet.
Unlike a verified chat were all messages must be encrypted.
What we need is an indication of wether your next message will be encrypted.

Yes I know that, so I should’ve made clear in my opening post that the devices already knew each other since a long time! Both sides’ fingerprints were even showing up on that one device during the phase in which it wasn’t encrypting outgoing messages.

1 Like

some time ago this thing happened with a friend in a group, everybody was sending encrypted messages in the group, but him was sending them unencrypted and the encryption still worked for the rest, instead of been disabled :confused:

1 Like