Delta Chat version
1.12 on Android (from the Play Store), fairly recent update made available today or yesterday.
In a 1-to-1 chat with an ordinary MUA, when Delta replies to a message it should show up as part of the same e-mail thread in the MUA.
Each reply from Delta appears to be a brand new message to the MUA. Looking in more detail, it seems that the In-Reply-To header is no longer being created in the outbound mail.
This causes some cosmetic problems i.e. makes a chat quite annoying to the regular MUA user.
Steps to reproduce the problem
- Installed a pristine Delta Chat on Android, and configured it for my account
- Initiated a conversation with an ordinary e-mail user
- Have them reply, shows up in Delta correctly
- Send another message in Delta
- It shows up as a brand new message with no threading headers in the ordinary e-mail client.
I’ve downgraded to 1.10.5 via the APK download, and can no longer reproduce the problem.
If it’s not an obvious recent change in the source, I’m happy to bisect in more detail and extract detailed logging.