When using multiple accounts the user needs a quick way to switch accounts and see if there are notifications / unread messages for the other accounts.
The quick switcher should have the button to add an account, but maybe not one for removing one, to avoid accidental account deletion: you just want to quickly switch chat, press on remove accidentally then “dismiss” (in reality confirm so it goes away) the dialog and your account is lost.
This is related to having notifications for all accounts, switching the account automatically on the fly when clicking a notification for an account that is not the selected one.
Android has an avatar in the chatlist that is a button to switch the account. It opens a dialog that shows all accounts and also unread badges.
So things android misses:
- Combined unread badge on avatar indicating the combined unreads of the other accounts
- android has a remove button in the quick switch menu
- we could make the dialog harder (for example: type the email address to continue)
- or we could find another place for removing the account, maybe in the settings?
iOS has an account switcher, but it’s not as good looking as on android, also no avatar nor unread yet.
- Combined unread badge on avatar indicating the combined unreads of the other accounts (WIP)
- good looking account switcher menu with profile pictures/avatars and unread counter
Telegram on iOS, they show this quick switch context menu.
Safari on iOS has a menu that we could also replicate, using it would solve the “making it harder to delete account by accident” issue":