Adjust font size of the messages

Is it possible to adjust the font size of the chat messages? I didn’t found any option for that. On iPhone and Linux Desktop on a Notebook the regular font size is really too small for an enjoyable reading.

If this feature isn’t build in I wish to see it as an upcoming feature at DC.

3 Likes

Directed at a knowledgeable person.
If the font size is set in an editable file, which one is it?

For desktop it is currently not changeable.

If you are up to modifying files, I would recommend cloning and building dc desktop by yourself instead, it is not that hard.
Message me (here on the forum) if you need help. (but please not in this thread as we want to stay on topic here :wink:)

Also I agree with that feature request, so I will work towards implementing it in the near future.

I implemented some scaling and opened a pr.

Update: That pr made it in the new release: Release 1.1.0 · deltachat/deltachat-desktop · GitHub, have fun testing!

3 Likes

@Marko
In Android version it’s customizable.
I would propose to change the topics name approprietly. It should be named “Adjust font size of messages in desktop version”

also on ios the font-size can be changed:

Delta Chat uses the font size defined in the “System Settings” at “Display & Brightness / Text Size”

It’s possible on desktop too. In the menu View -> Zoom -> select the zoom factor.

1 Like

How do I increase the font size on Windows 10 Desktop App?

I sent my @gmail account a test email and the font size is quite small… maybe font size 10 or 11… would be nice to get a solid font size 13 or 14 font.