Anyway to add my Email service to the known email services?

I run a email service called JoshWho Email and would love to have my settings work with the automatic setup for Delta Chat for others to easily start using this with my email server.

Is there a special place to add info for that?

2 Likes

DC looks for an configuration file on you email domain, it supports the one from outlook and the one from thunderbird: Thunderbird:Autoconfiguration:ConfigFileFormat - MozillaWiki

The provider db is generally only used for public providers that need special settings as it is compiled into the DeltaChat app. if the config does not work, feel free to create an pr on https://github.com/deltachat/provider-db

1 Like

Is there a public generator to use for this or is this something I am just going to have to manually create?

https://domain.tld/.well-known/autoconfig/mail/config-v1.1.xml:

<clientConfig version="1.1">
    <emailProvider id="domain.tld">
        <domain>domain.tld</domain>
        <displayName>domain.tld</displayName>
        <displayShortName>domain.tld</displayShortName>
        <incomingServer type="imap">
            <hostname>hosted.domain.tld</hostname>
            <port>993</port>
            <socketType>SSL</socketType>
            <authentication>password-cleartext</authentication>
            <username>%EMAILADDRESS%</username>
        </incomingServer>
        <outgoingServer type="smtp">
            <hostname>hosted.domain.tld</hostname>
            <port>465</port>
            <socketType>SSL</socketType>
            <authentication>password-cleartext</authentication>
            <username>%EMAILADDRESS%</username>
        </outgoingServer>
    </emailProvider>
</clientConfig>

you can try this as a template, worked for me

1 Like

I will try that above. Last question, does this just go in the root web directory I have for the email like mine is @joshwho.net so would I put it in the web root folder I have for that domain?

Like should it be /var/www/html/mail_joshwho_net/provider.db
or is is supposed to be /var/www/html/mail_joshwho_net/.well-known/autoconfig/mail/config-v1.1.xml

Also what would the syntex be for accepting invalid certificates?

I got it figured out looking at the logs. File needs to be in main a-record of domain. Example my mail server is mail.joshwho.net so the config need to be in the webroot of joshwho.net/.well-known/autoconfig/mail/config-v1.1.xml and now it works perfect. Thank you Simon.

3 Likes