Appearance problems

Deltachat 1.44.1 (flatpak) on Ubuntu 22.04.4, Gnome shell 42.9, Wayland.

1. I turned on the tray icon to display, but it does not display.

2. When I open the Delta Chat window, and move my pointer over the Delta Chat window, the pointer size is almost microscopically small within the Delta Chat window.

Why are these two problems happening?

How do I fix them?

Thanks.

you can file the gnome tray icon issue on Issues · flathub/chat.delta.desktop · GitHub, maybe there is some dbus interface or similar api that needs to be allowed in the flatpak sandbox.
Or it’s just that gnome does not really support tray icons without plugins anymore, anyways, we should discuss that bug on GitHub issues, were also other flat hub maintainers are that could know something.

1. When I open the Delta Chat window, and move my pointer over the Delta Chat window, the pointer size is almost microscopically small within the Delta Chat window.

That’s when you use display scaling. We would have had was a blurry interface or the small pointer, I choose the small pointer. Seems to be a chromium bug with wayland: chat.delta.desktop.yml: enable wayland, fallback-x11 by Mikaela · Pull Request #124 · flathub/chat.delta.desktop · GitHub

I guess you could upvote the bug on google’s issue tracker, if you have a google account: Google Issue Tracker

At some point this year I also plan to make a tauri version of deltachat desktop that uses tauri instead of electron, that could also work better because it would use webkit on linux instead of chromium.