Choose editing app

Expected behavior

When the user tap the pencil icon to edit an image file, there’s a prompt/popup/whatever asking for the user to select which app to use, and a default one can be made. There’s a option for this on DC settings too.

Actual behavior

When you tap the pencil icon, it opens the DC editor directly.

Example Images

Sorry, no .jpg files today :wink: Besides, I don’t really mind how you imagine/design/build/implement it.

Sometimes we just want to make that awesome MemeTastic’s meme without getting too far from DC. Keep up your great work! :grin:

1 Like

I like this idea, though I would have make this an advanced feature that can be enabled though the settings.
And if it’s default it could look for an “DC-compatible-ImageEditor” tag - which those apps could register themselves to, so we ensure compatibility and ensure the editor app has a minimum set of features like maybe compression levels and working flawlessly together with deltachat.

2 Likes

or maybe just an option similar to “use system emoji” then the default app can be used, for example when I tap the edit button of the app Simple Gallery it shows me apps that are able to edit the image: Meme Tastic and Simple Gallery it self.

2 Likes

this way it doesn’t have to be a DC-specific editor, but any common editor will work, if someone wants to make an app specific for Delta Chat it will work out of the box anyway