DeltaChat doesn't start on Linux Mint

Dear all,
donwloaded deltachat v0.100.0 for ubunt deb package, installed
If I try to start DeltaChat from menu → nothing happend ???
start from terminal with
$ sudo /opt/DeltaChat/deltachat-desktop
result is following error:
<A JavaScript error occurred in the main process
Uncaught Exception:
Error: libssl.so.1.1: Kann die Shared-Object-Datei nicht öffnen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
at process.module.(anonymous function) [as dlopen] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:160:31)
at Object.Module._extensions…node (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:722:18)
at Object.module.(anonymous function) [as .node] (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:169:18)
at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:602:32)
at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:541:12)
at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:533:3)
at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:640:17)
at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:20:18)
at load (/opt/DeltaChat/resources/app.asar/node_modules/node-gyp-build/index.js:16:10)
at Object. (/opt/DeltaChat/resources/app.asar/node_modules/deltachat-node/binding.js:1:198)

Anyone an idea?

Thx

Yes, it’s a known issue. Problem is that the Desktop downloadsis linked against openssl1.1 but ubuntu 16.04 and apparently also linux mint don’t provide it. Can you install libssl1.1 on your linux mint? If not i think you could only follow the readme in https://github.com/deltachat/deltachat-desktop repo.

try multiple solutions but unufortunately nothing works until now

For Ubuntu 18.04.2 --> ok!
DC Desktop installation simply over “Software”… DeltaChat Version v0.101.0 Quelle dl.flathub.org size 440.9 MB is ok!

I don’t think, that Mint is that much different?

I’m running Linux Mint 19 Tara and I didn’t download the install package but installed Delta Chat 0.101.0 from the Application Management within the Mate desktop menu. It works absolutely perfect an I didn’t have to install anything afterwards.

You probably installed the Flatpak package then. Glad to hear that at least this works fine on Mint.

Exactly, the flatpack!

And there are other things working fine on Mint, too! ;D (sorry, couldn’t resist!)

:joy: