Desktop font size

Without many arguments,
I just think I should have an option to modify the font size, Both in the messages, as in the text editor, for me it is very small, and I have to make a lot of effort to see.

5 Likes

this is done

Where or how do you do this? I coulda swore I looked all over the settings and did not see anything… I’m not talking CTRL + or CTRL - either… so when I send message, the font size would be larger… OR… does that automatically change when I hit the zoom hotkey?

i am not totally sure what you want to achieve. so, might be the following is already known, however: in the main menu at “View / Zoom” you can enlarge the font - as far as i know, that affects the whole ui, including sending messages.

I’m talking about the outbound email font size. The ability to change outbound email font, size and color would be nice.

Are you saying, that when I click Zoom option in Windows Desktop client, the font size message recipients receive will be increased?

If you know css you can create a custom theme deltachat-desktop/docs/THEMES.md at master · deltachat/deltachat-desktop · GitHub that overwrites the css you want to change.

I don’t think we’ll add the ability to change outbound message color or other single properties in the settings anytime soon. We have a policy of keeping the overall setting count low.

For font size we can discuss whether we want to implement it as an standalone property, without also scaling the rest of the interface.

Do you mean in the emails that your recipients get? no the font size they get depends on their email client. Delta Chat only sends text-email not html ones so its out of control for Delta Chat.

2 Likes