Dovecot/postfix Storage "Not supported by your provider"

Delta Chat version 1.26.2
dovecot version 2.3.4.1 (f79e8e7e4)
postfix version 3.4.14

I have postfix and dovecot working together as my IMAP server. (Email has been working for years; INBOX/DeltaChat: "Connected; Last message sent successfully.)

In Delta.Chat I noticed

Storage on example.com
“Not supported by your provider.”

Is this a known limitation of postfix/dovecot or are there example configurations that can enable storage that is compatible with Delta.Chat?

1 Like

As far as knowing, informed, it’s an application at postfix, and/or required to enable. So a matter for the mail-server-admin probably, good Alexx.

Knowledgeable might find such usefull: Serving Dovecot mailbox quota status to Postfix

(Although facing similar, my person has no real ideas about all that stuff)

Thank you for the reply. I will read the link that you posted and if I find the solution there, I will report back.

Generous thought, Sadhu. But no need to feel obigated.

I got the same message for my live.com mail and it seems I don’t receive any messages, could anybody tell me why live.com is not supported? Or is it?

I’m also wondering how to enable the storage indicator with Dovecot/Postfix. Did anyone figure out how to do it or what the Delta Chat feature is looking for?

it’s looking for the quota extension as defined in RFC 2087: IMAP4 QUOTA extension

1 Like

In Dovecot there is a Quota Plugin responsible for this.

2 Likes

For future reference this does work. I have mine working. You just need to enable the appropriate configs in dovecot and postfix for quota. Then run…

doveadm quota recalc -u
doveadm quota get -u

To update the values.

This is what helped me…
https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/quota_plugin/

And here is my /etc/dovecot/conf.d/90-quota.conf which ultimately made the data show on DC…

plugin {
  quota_rule = *:storage=1G
  quota_rule2 = Trash:storage=+100M

# LDA/LMTP allows saving the last mail to bring user from under quota to
  # over quota, if the quota doesn't grow too high. Default is to allow as
  # long as quota will stay under 10% above the limit. Also allowed e.g. 10M.
  #quota_grace = 10%%

# Quota plugin can also limit the maximum accepted mail size.
  #quota_max_mail_size = 100M
  quota_grace = 10%%
  # 10% is the default
  quota_status_success = DUNNO
  quota_status_nouser = DUNNO
  quota_status_overquota = "552 5.2.2 Mailbox is full"

}
1 Like