[F-Droid] Latest Delta Chat version available

Hi community.

I’m new to this forum. Still I have been using Delta Chat for quite a long time… but I was wondering why I haven’t received updates recently!?

So I checked on F-Droid:
Latest version available is: Version 0.510.1 (550) - Added on 2019-07-11.

Checking on the delta chat website in the apk-downloads section:
Latest version available is: deltachat-gplay-release-1.0.3.apk

… and now my questions:

1. Is F-Droid no longer updated with recent versions? That would be a shame! :slight_smile:
  2. Is there a difference between F-Droid and Google-Play-Verision of the Andorid-APK?

BTW: Many THANKS for all your effort developing the Delta Chat Apps. I really enjoy it!

Cheers.

F-droid apps are all built on f-droid servers an signed with the f-droid key.
We are having difficulties with upgrading the deltachat script that tells the f-droid server how to build it to our new rust core.

fell free to help if you have an idea.
As far as I know the difference between dc-gplay.apk and dc-f-droid.apk is only the package id and the signature.

2 Likes

So why the huge discrepancy in what appears to be version number?

the “only difference” refers to the same version number, so if you compare fdroid-0.510.1 with google-play-0.510.1, the only differences, in fact, are the signature and the package-id.

but if you compare fdroid-0.510.1 with google-play-1.0.3 there are tons of changes, 8 months and probably about 100 releases in between.

2 Likes

To Simon: Thanks for the information. Unfortunately I’m not a developer so I cannot help to fix the issue.
I can only keep :crossed_fingers: that recent versions of Delta Chat will soon be back on F-Droid!

Meanwhile I might just have to download the apk and update manually…

2 Likes

@missytake should increase swap and try again. I am compiling in a rpi thanks to that. also take in account the other setting for simultaneous compilation as suggested in https://github.com/deltachat/deltachat-core-rust/issues/1189#issuecomment-576013352