From fdroid to get version

I don’t have google play access. I had been naively using the ‘latest’ Fdroid build. When I installed from get.delta.chat the signatures were different. I now have two. While this is cute I cannot sort out how to export import my account. I was able to export import chat content history.

But also I can’t seem to “rekey” into on of my chats (with a device I own in another room) with a different email accouny. Receiver complains about decrypting.

Okay the grammar there is imprecise

Device_1_dc0544 & account_1 was speaking with Device_2_dc0544 & account_2.

Device_1_dc121 & account_3 sends message to Device_2_dc0544 & account_2

Device 2 complains about decryption from updated version on device 1.

Is there documentation for this that I may self educate better? I suspect my ignorance is a bit more vast than I realize.

I’m not sure I understand your problem correctly, but if you want to move from the F-Droid build to the build singed by the Delta Chat team, you can export and import your whole account. Just go to settings, scroll to the bottom and hit export backup. Be aware that this only is backing up the account that is currently active AFAIK, so if you use multiple accounts you have to repeat that step for each. Then uninstall the F-Droid version, install the version from https://download.delta.chat/android/ (or PlayStore if you use it anyway) and you should be offered to import the backup on first startup.