Gmail and Delta.Chat

Hi all

a friend who is not very familar with the internals of Android, Smartphone etc. thinks about installing Delta.Chat from the Google PlayStore.
She is using a gmail - email-address.

Are there some pitfalls in the combination of DC and GMail? Something, one should know and tell her before trying?

best regards
Hans

1 Like

Honestly, this combination should work rather well. I did some testing with my old Gmail account and everything was fine. I’m not sure how it’ll behave long-term but I think your friend should give it a try.

1 Like

Gmail works well for 1:1 chats and small group chats. There is a moderate limit on the number of messages sent per day, but it is always possible to create another account for groups if/when you hit the limit, no need to worry about it until it happens.

1 Like

@link2xt
So, there is nothing special with Gmail?
I had some posts sounding like there was something to know in handling the password ?

Delta Chat supports OAuth2 on Android, so you can login without enabling application passwords. Things should just work, you type in your gmail address and Delta Chat offers to proceed with OAuth2 authentication using the web form.

1 Like

@m1chas @link2xt
Super, then there shouldn’t be any obstacles …
thank You
Hans

2 Likes