🧪 Help testing the upcoming 1.14.X release

Yeah, and the selection dialogue if you have multiple accounts activated.

you mean the selection dialog should be able to open broken accounts / be more graceful when it doesn’t find required properties?

PS: Do you have a backup with the old - wrong password db? I’m wondering if the missing values were caused by the older version.

Yeah, I did a backup before messing with it :slight_smile:

Can we establish a contact on dc or github for this bug?

Sure, twitter: @theuni or ctheune on GH.

testing 1.14.1-Linux-Desktop
imported the backup data from old version and used 1.14.1Linux Desktop version for one day with no problems(i tested all new improvements).
reply/quote is great.

Bei der Installation der Linux 1.14.1 deb auf Ubuntu 20.04. bekomme ich bei Ubuntu Software eine Fehlermeldung, die Installation klappt nur mit gdebi

…außerdem wird mir die Zeit nur im 12 H Format angezeigt

Based on google translate:

Sailor_Mike: When installing Linux 1.14.1 deb on Ubuntu 20.04. I get an error message with Ubuntu Software, the installation only works with gdebi
… in addition, the time is only displayed to me in 12 H format

i installed it (.deb)on linux Mint 19.3 and it worked.

ReplyTo: Image not shown in desktop version. Maybe date and time of that replied message.

Message selection: As the three dots are no longer appearing when selecting a message I miss a shadow or something that give me a hint about my current selection. To say: It was good to have this 3 dots.

Update general I:
An update message while installing update: “Previous installation found. Updating. Update finished. All keys unchanged and valid. All OK. Have fun.”

Update general II:
Rather sooner than later an inbuild update function (via Help-menu)

Installation general: Let one choose a folder if one wants

you can use the windows store, flathub or the macOS appstore for that. https://get.delta.chat

But meant inbuilt (like e.g in Firefox, but is technical maybe the same as the update types you mentioned, to say: ok then, could be a way for that ones who have/want an account. I have not.)

Desktop Search:
I can search for something and get a result list.
But it I cannot jump to this message.

Desktop Identity Verification:
No signs if a contact is verified. Only an entry in the new chat dialog.
(if at all, e.g from Desk2Desk, meaning: somehow a mobile has to be involved to work)
Hopefully at least like in iOS (blue ticks in profile and in the new chat dialog)

Therefore:
See also post “Make veryfied contact more visible”

Desktop Media Gallery
Allow deletion of media items as in the mobile versions
(and also jump to the message if double-clicked)

Desktop Backup

Could be a bug? Cleaning chats from media files (and also completly in the folder manually) makes a backup corrupt!
(relates to item before Desktop Media Gallery)

Also date/time? Got another date in the file name as system date/time?
Its seems its some start date/time but not the actual system date/time

Thanks for your feedback, but the testing threads should be mainly about bug reports and not so much about feature requests :slight_smile:

1 Like

Speaking for myself only: Yes right. But I have written some of the feedback here cause I saw it as bug compared to the mobile version if this or that does not work on the desktop the same way as on the mobile (or mabye vice-versa). Hard to decide if this is than a bug or a feature request.

E.g.:
Missing info-button for the message that shows the original email-content is another one
or rather missing original email-content when clicking the message-details menu.
Another one:
Multiple items selection and possible actions.

That’s a core issue/bug → core doesn’t show message sourcecode for outgoing messages.

That’s an already planned feature request that was also mentioned already multiple times in the forum.

We know that you can’t jump to messages, if it were that easy to do we would have done it already.
I tried implementing a virtual message list a while back, but it was too laggy/buggy to release: 🚧 Virtualize chatview by Simon-Laux · Pull Request #1685 · deltachat/deltachat-desktop · GitHub

It’s a bug if there is something not working that should clearly work, but missing features are feature proposals/request.

1 Like