🧪 Help testing the upcoming 1.34.3 release

The time has come for a new Desktop Release! :tada: Help us find the most
annoying bugs so we can make sure this update is ready to be released on
the website and in stores. :muscle:

Release Highlights

new desktop to test, if it works for you we’ll release it in a few days: Index of /desktop/v1.34.3/

Most notable is the electron update, so best test everything, especially

• qr code scan from clipboard
  • copy qr code to clipboard
  • copy image to clipboard

Where to report Bugs?

You can find already known bugs on: Issues · deltachat/deltachat-desktop · GitHub

Please report the found bugs either here in this forum topic or even better
as issue on GitHub: Issues · deltachat/deltachat-desktop · GitHub

Downloads

Index of /desktop/v1.34.3/

Important: please backup your current setup (or most important accounts)
before upgrading in order to be safe when trying test-releases. You can
find this option under Settings > Chats and Media > Backup.

4 Likes

VirusTotal report

new release is ready for testing: Index of /desktop/v1.34.4/

should have more stable message sending. Also upgrades the emoji picker, emoji font.

full changelog: deltachat-desktop/CHANGELOG.md at master · deltachat/deltachat-desktop · GitHub

If we don’t find any blockers than we’ll release this version to the website and stores. thanks for testing!

2 Likes

On desktop version not all links are sent/received as links but as text, only. In Android version links are seen as link.

Example link: “Pflichtteilsergänzungsanspruch Nießbrauch - Rechtliches & mehr

I added your case to the related message parser issue: links that have non spec chars in the location part are not clickable · Issue #16 · deltachat/message-parser · GitHub

3 Likes

In the desktop version 1.34.4 the Emoji country flag symbols are missing (did not check in earlier versions). Just eight general flags are available. In Android version I can see all of them.

screenshot? for me all flags are displayed in the picker, or do you mean in messages?

on what system are you running dc desktop? do you have any other information that could help us in reproducing this issue?

Edit: made an issue: Bundled Emojis fail to load · Issue #3128 · deltachat/deltachat-desktop · GitHub

Update: made a fix in https://github.com/deltachat/deltachat-desktop/pull/3129

I use Windows 11 desktop. By the way I cannot open your fix https://github.com/deltachat/deltachat-desktop/pull/3129.

new release is ready for testing: Index of /desktop/v1.34.5/

• should fix the missing emojis in the emoji picker
  • make <delimited@email.addresses> really clickable
  • updated core to 1.110, which brings some speed improvements and bugfixes.