How to hide the new hint 'Background connection enabled'?

Hi!
It seems delta.chat on Android is now using a permanent notification to avoid being killed in the background, which is nice!

However, I do not want to see the hint all the time: is it ok to hide the hint by disabling the notification in the app settings? Or does this defeat the whole purpose?

Thanks!

yip, this will probably defeat the purpose, at least on android 6 and newer.

if you tell Delta Chat not to add the notification (in Delta Chat’s notification-settings), you have to make sure manually, that the connection to your server is not killed by the operating system’s manufacturer, that might be tricky or not even possible, see https://dontkillmyapp.com

however, some operating system’s manufacturer allow to hide or to tune down the notification (slide or long-tap the notification in the system area), i assume that in this case, the things continue working although the permanent-notification is not visible.

it is weird and it is a pity that so many operating system’s manufacturer follow this way.

I use xiaomi with android 9 and delta worked well for me with the previous configuration.

what i propose is that if someone disables the permanent notification, in the delta settings, then delta does what they did before. That worked for many of us well.

I think that is just as it works @agutierrez

1 Like