Linux Desktop - Segmentation Fault on new release

Linux Mint 20 64-bit. Running DeltaChat AppImage.

Been running DeltaChat V1.14.1 AppImage for a while now, everything fine. Updated to latest version downloaded from this site (AppImage 1.28.2) and getting a crash on startup, and disappears. Terminal shows segmentation fault. AFAIK this indicates illegal memory access by DeltaChat client. Anyone know what’s going on? I’d hate to drop DeltaChat, but I don’t have resources to upgrade my OS right now just for a chat app. Mint is recent enough, shouldn’t have to go bleeding edge to run DC.
Thanks.

can you post the log file, if you don’t want to censor/redact it you can send it via DM on this forum or via email at delta@merlinux.eu

How to DM here? Can’t see the option.

click on my name and then on “message” in the popup

It shouldn’t be too old. We are building the deltachat-node binaries on ubuntu18.04, mint 20 is built on top of ubuntu20.04, so in theory that should be fine. We just released a new test version, can you try out Index of /desktop/v1.29.0/ ? And always better to make a backup of your .config/DeltaChat folder before :slight_smile:

1 Like

it looks like its the same as Delta 1.28.2 Desktop Nach Update keine Funktion - #15 by Secretuser

set "lastAccount" in config.json in the data directory to “1” or delete that line, that should quick fix it.
I made a pr to fix this in the upcoming test version: fix account migration crash by Simon-Laux · Pull Request #2738 · deltachat/deltachat-desktop · GitHub