Make Contact Requests more visible

At the end: There is still no indicator which shows a change or new mail in “contact requests”.

That’s the issue.

I think it’s useless to talk about that further. The issue is clear and someone needs to attack it :-/

In the moment I havn’t the knowledge, otherwise I would do it.

1 Like

Agree, and second.

IMHO the development in the past and the future shows traveling, talk, features, and issues
(+/- amounts and direction), i.e. a progress that could benefit a lot from actually targeting basics and known robust usability issues like this one, and others.

1 Like

I think that, to contribute to this, we could move the option, (: / contact requests) to a bubble with the name “emails” at the end of the chat list. With your new message counter included.

:+1: except that the end of the chat list is too far down. I have 3 pages of chats (mostly with someone who does not use DC but a classic MUA) and it might get more. I will never realize it if there is an extra entry at the bottom.

PS: Maybe I just misunderstood you; what do you mean with “a bubble at the end of the chat list”?

2 Likes

Yes, it was that, you understood well, and you’re right.

yeah, at the end isn’t good, if devs would like to use a chat-like solution as you suggest (an entry in the chat list) it should be shown at the top something like this is what Spike does

I had tons of chats, it is REALLY annoying to scroll to the bottom and the chats list scroll doesn’t provide a way to scroll faster

Lots of things can be done here.
No way to scroll down faster? Put some arrows there (or let the user choose if he/she wants it)
An entry at the top can be annoying, remember they are contact requests, although if we implement some starred sorting or something like that, this contact-request-chat won’t be at the top.

What are you discussing?

The idea that @adbenitez posted and re-using the chat list view for the emails, and an option to hide the button for those that don’t want it, is pretty good IMHO.

3 Likes

this is solved in versions 0.9xx, now if you have email interactions set to all, contacts request from classic email are handled the same way than contact request from DC clients

3 Likes