Messages sent from Thunderbird / Enigmail not visible in DC

I have DC on my phone and Thunderbird / Enigmail on desktop. I transferred the key from DC into Enigmail using autocrypt setup message.

When I send a plaintext message from Thunderbird, it shows up normally in the recepient’s DC.

But when I send an encrypted and signed message from Thunderbird / Enigmail, the message does not show up in DC at all. The recipient has no idea that I messaged them.

The message does show up in their regular email client (gmail). But it’s encrypted, and they don’t know what to do with it.

On my end, I can read the messages that I sent just fine.

Are there specific Thunderbird / Enigmail settings that have to be set a certain way?

1 Like
  1. Are you sure, that import of private key worked fine? With latest Thunderbird versions encryption works out of the box but import of private key by autocrypt setup message seems not to work any more (my experience with Thunderbird 78 (or newer).
    I needed to export private key to a file from DC, transfer it to PC and then import by Thunderbirds key management!

2. Please post your DC and Thunderbird version numbers. Maybe there is a hint?

3. Check if you have “show all emails” switched to ON?

supplement:
Enigmail in its last full version provided full autocrypt support and autocrypt setup message worked fine. But with integration of OpenPGP into Thunderbird there are some changes. Thunderbird team is not supporting all functions seemlessly.
You need to do more manually than before. Automatic key transfer seems to be one of these things :frowning:
I think many users are not able to manage this now.