I’m about to use DeltaChat with my team of associates. While setting up I stumbled upon two issues. The first one I won’t discuss here in order to stay on topic (crash on setup process). I’ll probably open another thread for that.
After having been able to setup everything I realized that no contacts are shown in the Android App (1.2.0). Only the log provided by Logcat Extreme pointed me to a message about “Bad address for contact…”.
I then found, that I had accidentally typed a phone number in an email field of a contact. This lead to DeltaChat not displaying any contact except my own.
To reproduce the error you would have to setup DC again with a faulty contact. Changing a contact to a wrong email address does not make DC show zero contacts (fortunately).