Plan for first release

Do you have a idea when you will release the first Beta or stable Version in Play Store?

I know if this is reached :yum:

But any ideas when this will be?

Thank you for your work :+1:

we’ll as you’ve already said - as soon as the things that should be done are done :slight_smile:

there is no hard due date, also it is not 100% clear how many devs can work on issues, however, following all the github activity the last weeks, one may get an impression.

an overview about some open things to do is available at new stable ui Milestone · GitHub

1 Like

Thank you and sorry for my late replay.

I hope it will come up very soon.
I would like to use DC with my (non tech friends) ASAP.
An they need a official way (Play Store) to install DC :wink:

By and happy coding.

Hello webratte.

I have some good experience with installing F-Droid at non-technical experienced friends that (in opposite to side-loaded APKs) also enables automatic updates after new releases. Perhaps this can be a workaround for you until “official” Play Store is release?

regards, Sven

3 Likes

Second the suggestions to consider f-droid also for non-it friends. I installed it once or let them install and they are happy with it. Also, there are some nice apps on F-Droid – eg started recently to use “Maps” which is really well done and i much prefer it over OSMAnd … I heart there also is a well-done e-mail app but haven’t used it myself yet. Also there is K-9 mail of course which also supports Autocrypt and can share keys with DeltaChat.

1 Like

It sounds a litte bit strange to say they should side load a App (f-droid) because they won’t side load a App (Delta Chat) :wink:

Hi everybody,
will the “January 2019” release (https://github.com/deltachat/jan2019-release) a first public release (beta or v.1.0) in Play store?

In this case I could prepare my friends for a great new messenger :grinning:

hi @webratte, currently, it’s planned to get the current android-dev to f-droid and to get a desktop-linux release out.

these is the minimum we want to make and i think there won’t be room for much more.

i doubt we will make it to the play store in january therefore.

btw - happy new year everyone :slight_smile:

Too bad.
Still, thank you for your work.

So I will wait until February :wink:

Happy new year !

Will there also a Windows version come up with January release?