Possibility to specify the subject of the voice message

Dear developers!
Could you make it possible to specify a subject for the voice message? The concept is as follows: if the user ticks the appropriate box in the Delta Chat settings, after recording a voice message, Delta Chat offers to specify the subject of the voice message. From the perspective of a blind user, it looks like this: when I focus on a voice message, the screen reader tells me not only that it is a voice message, but also the subject of it. Thank you very much for your attention to my request, and please excuse my bad English.

3 Likes

I am using audio messages also quite often and would appreciate being able to set a subject. Not sure how exactly it would look/feel in the UX but i guess after finishing recording it would be in draft mode just as with images and file attachments?

1 Like

A few more thoughts:

1. The subject of the voice message can be added either to the file name
    or to its metadata;
  2. I suggest implementing both a general setting (that is, the user is
    always offered to set the subject of a voice message if he has checked
    the appropriate box), and separately for each chat;
  3. If the user leaves the subject field blank, Delta Chat treats it as a
    voice message without a subject.

there is no need for an special “subject” but just letting send the voice message together with a text message, the same way you do for images and other attachments will solve the issue without a hidden subject metadata or new UI, just the same workflow as for any attachment

2 Likes

@ adbenitez
I totally agree with your point, but this should probably be seen as a voice message description. We can, for example, add some links or something.
But I m also considering this use case: a user might want to save a file of a particular voice message. In this case, it will be convenient if the file name contains the subject of this voice message.

or it could be a privacy issue if the user saves and later shares a voice message and it has hidden metadata with the message sent alone with the voice message which could contain sensitive information

Okay, I m not pushing for it to be in the metadata.

1 Like