Read receipts by contact setting

Read receipts should be a setting for each contact\chat.

There are some conversations i want to have but still be able to deny looking\reading the message for hours or days. Usually depending on the contract.
The setting should not be global.

3 Likes

Unethical communicator.

Let’s not encourage bad behavior with features

as much as i agree with this feeling (and i couldn’t agree more) my sentiment here is this might be a good layer of privacy - at least for my definition of privacy there.

on top of it, i couldn’t care less for either way of this feature. read receipts are fun, not a necessity.

There is a huge difference between needing a read receipt when communicating important information with one contact and the not wanting a read receipt when a friend takes it personally when you just don’t want to acknowledge their plea to go out and party.
A universal communicater needs the flexibility to allow secure communication with everyone. And the priority of all contacts, vital or frivolous.

I would like read receipts and encryption to be “per contact” I have some contacts I would like read receipts and encryption, ex. with my family, but I don’t want other contacts I don’t trust to know if I read their messages or to encrypt in public groups (using bots) etc.

:+1: