Select and copy just a part of message DC iOS & Android

to be honest, I don’t need this, I just copy+paste the text as you suggested even if it is a long email, then I just select the short part I need copy it and select all and delete,
also I don’t see this fine control quoting in apps like Telegram, just a simple reply option is good enough IMHO

@r10s a place I think need this text selection, is the “info” dialog, since Delta Chat hide some text on the original email making it inaccesible, only visible in this dialog but no way to copy it, and the dialog seems pretty simple so I think you will not complain to allow this selection stuff there??

I think this could be done relatively easily there and it’s not disturbing there (contrary to the chat view imo). Anyways I wonder if this will be ever used :smiley:

well it is really cheap, it is just a property in the TextView, and well I use Delta Chat as my only email client,some parts of classic email are hidden and I had a really bad experience because of this, really frustrating that there are no way to copy some important content in an email etc.
not the most used feature but will not hurt :wink:

2 Likes

let’s reopen this issue than?

3 Likes

It’s fun right now I updated telegram on IOs and it is posible to select just a part of text :thinking:.
On the other hand always we try to get a solution to copy but is better the short way, just select a portion.

4 Likes