Send on Ctrl+Enter

Because I’m working on a tablet with a physical keyboard too, it would be awesome, when I can set up a “Send on Ctrl+Enter” or “Send on Enter”. That would make some flows much more easy.

2 Likes

makes sense as well i guess – on desktop the option is there, should not be too hard to do for android/ios.

“Send on Enter” is available on android, see “Settings / Chats and media / Enter key sends”

2 Likes

I would also like to see Ctrl/Cmd+Enter to send messages as is standard in most chat/messaging software.

1 Like

ctrl+enter to send on android could probably be enabled by default (as on desktop).

without a keyboard, you cannot hit ctrl-enter anyway.

or a keyboard app that supports that keys, but in that case the send button is easier to press. :wink:

generally I think it would be great for connecting a Bluetooth or USB keyboard.

This would be great. If Enter is not enabled by default (on Desktop/Keyboard devices) then the mouse must be used to send which is clunky.

I would very much appreciate this feature on I(Pad)OS also. It would improve my workflow significantly.
I assume this feature will be implemented at some point, so thank you in advance!

send-by-enter as default was just discussed, but in general, it is regarded as more harmful as it appears at the first place, i summed that up at Set enterKeySends to true in default config by flipsimon · Pull Request #2576 · deltachat/deltachat-desktop · GitHub

+1, we should add that on iOS, indeed.