Slower sending messages

Delta Chat version

v2.62.0

Expected behavior

send a message, being marked with the tick in few seconds

Actual behavior

It takes around 2 minutes to being marked with the tick

Steps to reproduce the problem

  1. send a message

I think that is something that happens since the latest release…

How many relays do you have configured? With 2.62.0 the last relay in the list of relays is used. If it is slow, removing it or adding another relay should help.

It could be useful if you can say which relay is slow, maybe we can contact the operator or figure out some workaround to switch to using another relay automatically.

There is a related issue about having to wait for 1-2 minutes if your last relay is simply not reachable:

I forgot to search on the repo… that was my case… I’m using 5 relays and the last one is a self-hosted relay wich I recently installed and still don’t know much how it works and how to fix it when it stops working… Thanks!