"The Communist Manifesto" in xstore?

With due respect Holger, we’re not friends here. We merely share some common interests. Therefore basic politeness is the baseline, anything else is entirely optional if not superfluous.

Also, the original post is inconsiderate towards the person who made the effort to provide the actual example application (whether he was trolling or not, it is a useful and easy to follow example) as well as ignorant as to the subject matter (a point which I trust needs no further development here due to its lack of topicality). On an incidental note, the original poster might also be surprised to know that his view of "communist ideology", as he wrongly puts it, is not shared by a majority in the (so-called) global South, comprising 88% of the world's population—Friedman's ‘Ripe for Revolution’ is probably a good introduction to the subject, for those interested. If he thinks that Delta chat or WebXDC should only be for the benefit of the West, it would be helpful for him to say so.

I don’t doubt that Raiden can make and has made useful contributions in other topics of our common interest, but it would be hypocritical as well as egoistic not to point out that this is not one of them.

Warm regards,
Dan

It’s not proper to take the “has he contributed for our gain” as a measure to except a maybe “politness” disturbing, productivity disturbing, serious concern.

My person wouldn’t have much problem to abstain form using of what is meant to be an instrument to promote wrong and evil views and possible even demand to adopt, approve and act on it.

It’s not at all impolite to strongly point out wrong and right. But it would be strongly wrong to approve wrong for the sake of own benefits.

Those ideas and thought brought into a manifesto are not only based on deluded investigations, but also lack of all integrity and real moral, giving base that children kill their parents, worker their food-giver, consumer developer, weak fools saints, immoral blind, every goodness and proper dependency.

Stupidity, evil and wrong, has not seeing, not understanding, as it’s cause.

(and to correct a common misperception: while modern world follows largely this deluded ideas, east and old might use the label, but nevertheless follow the way of goodness and gratitude, had learned their lessons of the devastating results of plunder and pulling goodness down on the level of “for the sake of material” of the common.)

Encryption is just required for those who desire not to let go of hurtful or bad.

To display the ironic here again: encryption (hold certain ownership on property in a public real) goes total against the pseudo-liberal idea of communist manifest. Like anti-fascist act actually most fascistic, Marx-ideology is the last to support the modern idea of freedom in being able to hide one’s ways.

That’s why it’s common that those after pseudo-ideologies sooner or later kill and destry each other with the means they thought being able to pull sublime down into common domain.

Share the plunder encrypted nevertheless doesn’t release from the bad deed by demand and thought of wrong view like “I have a right”.

This manifest ignores obligations, duties, sacrifices, shares wrong view and poisons the whole world saying:

“And how is one made impure in three ways by mental action? There is the case where a certain person is covetous. He covets the belongings of others, thinking, ‘O, that what belongs to others would be mine!’ He bears ill will, corrupt in the resolves of his heart: ‘May these beings be killed or cut apart or crushed or destroyed, or may they not exist at all!’ He has wrong view, is warped in the way he sees things: ‘There is nothing given, nothing offered, nothing sacrificed. There is no fruit or result of good or bad actions. There is no this world, no next world, no mother, no father, no spontaneously reborn beings; no brahmans or contemplatives who, faring rightly & practicing rightly, proclaim this world & the next after having directly known & realized it for themselves.’ This is how one is made impure in three ways by mental action.

And what is right view:

“And how is one made pure in three ways by mental action? There is the case where a certain person is not covetous. He does not covet the belongings of others, thinking, ‘O, that what belongs to others would be mine!’ He bears no ill will and is not corrupt in the resolves of his heart. [He thinks,] ‘May these beings be free from animosity, free from oppression, free from trouble, and may they look after themselves with ease!’ He has right view and is not warped in the way he sees things: ‘There is what is given, what is offered, what is sacrificed. There are fruits & results of good & bad actions. There is this world & the next world. There is mother & father. There are spontaneously reborn beings; there are brahmans & contemplatives who, faring rightly & practicing rightly, proclaim this world & the next after having directly known & realized it for themselves.’ This is how one is made pure in three ways by mental action.

The “Communist manifest” is actually 100% an encouragement to cancle any cultur. It’s so destructive that it destroys any small goodness and right view, any gratitude, in the heart of those taking on this poison.

People, especially in modern world, aren’t aware of how much those ideas have poised them and their society and daily ways.

Just to bring up a constructive idea of replacement:

My person guesses that DC still lacks in having a manual for dummies. What if one takes on the skeleton of the app and develops a share-able, modify-able manual. (Freaks have their play-ground anyway, by using MS. to oppose MS or others out there 8n the “free-worlds”.

If useful, a base can still be taken here: [DC] Comprehensive manual for Delta Chat []

People usually don’t make sacrifices unless they think they can use the fruit of labor as a weapon against their former supporter, of what they think being the way out of obligation.

Since the main support for all the work here might be from tax-sources, it’s certain improper to spread ideological idiotic by means of well meant. Yet again, no doubt that it is nevertheless main source for thinking in Demo-crazys, although labeling it different.

It’s possible time to leave your world with appreciation for all good sacrifices.

I think the best thing would be to make a general app that could import epubs and sending to the chat as update, so from that point the quoting and rest of features could be added, the problem would be how to display the epub in the app, it is a shame that service workers doesn’t work on all platforms, that would make it so easy, but anyway epubs are not too complicated perhaps it can be done using iframes or any other idea.

2 Likes

This library looks promising, even has support for selections GitHub - gerhardsletten/react-reader: An ePub-reader for React, powered by Epub.js.

Someone could then also make a bot as search fronted to https://www.gutenberg.org that sends you a custom version with the epub file hardcoded and the cover as webxdc icon.
Though the bot should have it’s own mirror of the whole of gutenberg to not be banned for automatic/robot access: Mirroring How To | Project Gutenberg

My person wouldn’t advocate the communist way by taking the authors and heirs possession and control away like such is usual in US. It’s without moral to do such. Then even share, modify… this plunder, even encrypted then, so that’s taken into inaccessible possession.

Some feedback about the citation function for future improvement, the citation UI gets occluded by the phone’s “copy/cut/select all” options which pop up automatically, makes it difficult to press the “share text” option.

thanks, sadly that is a limitation of android, it is quite annoying indeed, but when you select text they always show that popup without a close button nor allowing to drag it around, it is quite inconvenient,

the trick to use it in a more convenient way is this: scroll the selected text close to the top, so the popup goes down and then it is less close to the text allowing to click the app’s black button without problem

I see, your trick works. But I wonder, if the app can’t move Android’s “copy/cut/select all” pop-up, can the app move the citation pop-up instead? (I don’t know what is the phone limitations here.)

And some additional feedback for maybe nice to have features, maybe a scrollbar or other indicator of position, and maybe a bookmark to remember the text position when you close the app so you can return to it when you open the app the next time.

the sitation popup could maybe be changed to appear more far away (which will look a bit odd but well) or maybe just add some fixed bar with a button at the bottom instead of a popup in-place,

about saving current view position, yes that I can add it easily, other people also told me they would like that because they lose the progress/position of their read when they close the app