Two small tweaks to improve the log screen in DC-iOS

Recently I had two ideas on how to improve the log screen in DC-iOS.

Hide keyboard:

If a user wants to mark the log, the keyboard opens.
This means that the lower part can no longer be marked and copying the entire text becomes cumbersome. A large part of the upper log must first be deleted so that the lower part becomes visible. Unfortunately, iOS does not offer the option to mark an entire text at once.
That’s why I think it would be better to hide the keyboard.
On the other hand, the log can also be edited using the keyboard.
However, this is also possible outside of the app.
Another option would be to close the keyboard by tapping on an empty area like in most messengers or by swiping down.

Share the log:

I think it would make sense to add a share button to the log screen.
This would allow users to forward the log directly, copy it to the clipboard and save it as a file.

Example image:

1 Like

thanks for reporting! - i would consider the keyboard hiding as a bug, i created an issue at log view: keyboard covers the last lines of text, making selecting/editing hard in that area · Issue #2122 · deltachat/deltachat-ios · GitHub

and yes, sharing makes sense as well, iirc, there is already a handy tool, so maybe this is simple enough for a side-topic as well.

technically it is currently not a log anymore, just some debug info.

we’ve added a share button at use unified logging system, share log by r10s · Pull Request #2126 · deltachat/deltachat-ios · GitHub - moreover, more log content is now shown, if possible

2 Likes

Thanks! :partying_face: :+1:

1 Like