Using captcha, reCaptcha, hcaptcha, mCaptcha or Friendly Captcha to prevent spam and suspicious activities in delta chat

Lately I had been involved with the creation of “mailPhone”, but apparently the idea was not as good as I thought it would be. A random idea I had would be to use: “hcaptcha”, “Friendly Captcha”, “mCaptcha”, “captcha” or “reCaptcha” to check who is talking to me is a robot or a human.

1. what is captcha’s?

1.1 what is hcaptcha?

hCaptcha is a free tool that helps keep spam and bots out of forms by asking simple questions to prove your users are human

1.2. what is mCaptcha?

mCaptcha is proof-of-work based captcha system that is privacy focused and fully automated.

1.3. what is reCAPTCHA?

reCAPTCHA is a free service from Google that helps protect websites from spam and abuse. A “CAPTCHA” is a turing test to tell human and bots apart .

1.4. what is CAPTCHA?

A CAPTCHA a contrived acronym for “Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart” is a type of challenge–response test used in computing to determine whether the user is human.

1.5. what is Friendly Captcha?

Friendly Captcha is a new Captcha alternative based in the EU with a focus on privacy and accessibility. It is the only sophisticated proof of work based solution on the market which uses a combination of cryptography and advanced fingerprinting with full privacy protection to defend websites and forms from attacks.

1.5. what is Negative captcha?

A negative captcha has the exact same purpose as your run-of-the-mill image captcha: To keep bots from submitting forms. Image (“positive”) captchas do this by implementing a step which only humans can do, but bots cannot: read jumbled characters from an image.

1.6. what is Captcheck?

Open source reCAPTCHA alternative.

1.7. what is IconCaptcha?

IconCaptcha is a self-hosted captcha which is faster, more user-friendly and more customizable than other captchas - available for PHP and ASP .NET websites. Users no longer have to read any annoying text images, solve difficult math equations or play any puzzle games.

2. how could this be implemented?

we could generate a gallery of random images and ask the chat user if he knows how to differentiate these images. If the answer is yes, he remains in the chat and if not, he must leave the chat.

This makes sense for a bot to ask the user that they pass a CAPTCHA test before using the bot, but you can already do it if you build a Delta Chat bot.

But I don’t imagine integrating it into Delta Chat client itself, users themselves are still better than computers at distinguishing whether they chat with a human or not.

3 Likes