Video chat integration

Mattix element integrat jitsi without needing any input just tap the call icon and opening the call inside app. no need to put any input as like name or jitsi name etc.

And element is open source. can not that jitsi api posible to integrat in delta chat?

matrix has servers, delta chat does not. I assume matrix includes a jitsi instance on each matrix server.

I personally really like the current implementation of a/v calls with jitsi (on android), but I think it can be improved:

1. often when I receive a notification in DC I don’t check it right away, and this in the case of a/v calls could be a problem so it could be useful to add the possibility to set a different notification sound in the case of an invitation to a/v call
  2. in the browser I normally use I have disabled webrtc so jitsi from the browser doesn’t work for me but using the app there is no problem, unfortunately the jitsi app doesn’t seem to support all jitsi instance links (for example using calls.disroot. org doesn’t open the app directly but the browser and then from the browser I have to open the app and everything becomes rather cumbersome) so it might be useful to use a webview page that directly loads the selected jitsi instance without necessarily using an external app (maybe adding an option to choose whether or not to use an external app). This way also for new users or less experienced users who may not be familiar with jitsi the experience would probably be more “natural” and simple without the need to install external apps.
2 Likes