What Delta-chat architecture was created and why?

According to the remote storage protocol, there are 3 types of application/software:

1. Traditional Web Apps:

In hosted web stacks such as LAMP, .Net, Ruby on Rails, Django, etc…, the developer hosts the app and data, while the user controls device.

2. No-Backend Web Apps

In 100% client-side apps that use CouchDB, Hoodie, Firebase, Parse, Kinto, etc…, the developer provides the app and data, while user controls the device.

3. Unhosted Web Apps

In 100% client-side apps that use remoteStorage, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc…, the developer provides only the app, while the user controls the device and data.

• What Delta-chat architecture was created and why?
  • Is delta-chat self-hosted, non-hosted, hosted?

Hello :wave:,
DC is technically an email client that looks like a modern messenger such as WhatsApp.

4 Likes

Hi Raiden, how are you?

I would like to know what is the architecture: “unhosted”, “self-hosted” or “hosted” in delta-chat. what is the architecture: “unhosted”, “self-hosted” or “hosted” in delta-chat?

depends on whether you use a selfhosted email server or an hosted email account at a big email provider like gmx, gmail, yandex, posteo…

the app itself you could describe as unhosted, all data is on your device.

3 Likes

Hi Simon, thanks for information!

A funny idea (only nice to have, not a must have) would be a solution like Threema Web.

https://threema.ch/en/blog/posts/threema-web-ist-da

Sorry, I found only the german page.

2 Likes

Hi webratte, what is Threema Web?

note: I don’t speak in German, what is the page describing, saying?.

Here is the english page:

It is a centralized messenger.