Will the Desktop client be plattform independent?

Hi everybody,

I have seen there is a desktop client in developement.

Will this client be plattform independent?

Thank you for reply.

Bye Webratte

It is planned to release the desktop-client for Linux, Mac and Windows

Technically, the desktop-client will be portable. It will be written in JavaScript and will be based on Electron using the deltachat-core-library via c-bindings to node.js. The bindings are already done, see GitHub - deltachat/deltachat-node: Email-based instant messaging for Node.js. and the work on user-interface has just started. (is this all correct? cc @ralphtheninja)

Lots or work to do, help is very welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

@compl4xx i also find minimal title lengths annoying. imho this leads to titles as “Desktop client --h (why need the tile 15 charters? OK, here we go :wink:)” - and does not force people to think about more words to describe their topic.
i would suggest to use a much shorter minimal length, eg. 4 character.

EDIT: changed the title from “Desktop client --h (why need the tile 15 charters? OK, here we go :wink:)” to “Will the Deskop client be platform independent?”

Riot does this electron thing too, and it seems to work well but please make sure that you disable electron’s analytics for good.

@gargantuan thank you for the hint. searching about “electron analytics” a bit, it seems as if they have to be explicitly enabled - or are you aware of things that have to be disabled?

@r10s Yes, this is correct.

What about DELTA.CHAT and NEXTCLOUD?
I would love it, if there were an NC APP or an integration with existing NC Apps, as TALK.

1 Like