Add Guide Category?

What do you think about a dedicated Guide category for guides and tutorials?

• setting up an custom domain provider Send from different email address (email aliases)
  • explain the email interaction settings.
  • How to convince friends&family to install DeltaChat (Arguments for DeltaChat)
  • How to get friends&family to care about Privacy

Do you have also ideas for Guides? Would you write Guides?
Let’s discuss it here

1 Like

Hm, what do you think about putting those ideas on the blog instead?

Anyone can write a blogpost on GitHub, e.g. like this: https://github.com/deltachat/deltachat-pages/pull/102

Hm, even with that, a category to post the link to the blogposts and discuss the content would be cool.

You mean a news category and a link to the forum page on the specific blogposts like a comment section?
That sounds good. Maybe we could use the forums api to display the comments also on the blog post page…

Maybe we could use the forums api to display the comments also on the blog post page…

That would be cool, especially as the blog doesn’t support comments yet.

1 Like

In Consider using support forum for Howto, and developer-news etc · Issue #255 · deltachat/deltachat-pages · GitHub this was raised again - and suddenly I’m not so sure anymore whether how-to-posts are good for the website. The contribution treshold is a lot lower here.

On the other hand I’m not sure whether people would start writing how-tos, only because there is a category - I think it needs some more coordination effort. So I’d say as soon as someone wants to tackle this, I can open a category for it :slight_smile: Does someone?

We could do a guide “using deltachat in slow networks - the best settings”.
But maybe our forum is too heavy for delivering it to the people in need of it so It might not be the best first guide topic.