Copy files locally between accounts

It is possible to copy text from a chat of one account to a chat of a different account using the clipboard. But attachments, images and webxdc apps can’t be copied in this way. You can only email them from one account to another. But it would be cool if you could copy them locally without needing an internet connection. So I suggest an “internal DC clipboard” for copying files locally between chats of different accounts.

Expected behavior

You can copy an attachment, image or webxdc app from the chat of one account and paste it into the chat of another account.

Actual behavior

If you copy an attachment, image or webxdc app from the chat of one account it is not possible to paste it into the chat of another account.

5 Likes

I am constantly needing this, I want to share a message with an attachment (most of the time an image), with the share button you can only share to other chats in the same account, but then I realize the chat I want to share to is in another account, from the share screen, the account-switch button could be present and allow to switch account so you then select a chat to share in that account

also sometimes you share from another app to delta chat but then the selected account is not the one you want to share to so you have to go back and select the correct account, it is really causing inconveniences for people that use to share content from other platforms or chats to delta chat

3 Likes