DeltaChat running on mobian (PineTab, PinePhone)

Following your link I see:

kdeltachat: unstable-2021-07-17 -> unstable-2021-08-02

If I make a reinstall with nix-env -i kdeltachat-unstable the message is still:

replacing old kdeltachat-unstable-2021-06-14
installing kdeltachat-unstable-2021-06-14

So I don’t even get version 2021-07-17

Oops, I forgot that you have to do nix-channel --update before running nix-env -u --always. It’s analogous to running apt update before apt upgrade.

Thanks! Now I have version 2021-07-17 running.
One remark regarding pictures, the width is not fitting anymore holding the phone in portrait mode. And portrait pictures are cut in the upper and lower part (I hope you understand). In the example the picture of the lake goes much more to the right, top and button. So I know in kdeltachat, that there is a picture, but I have to look at it in my email program. In the version 2021-06-14 the picture width has fit to the screen width.
deltachat-red

1 Like

Thanks for adding “New Chat” page! Finally I have the new version running on my PinePhone. If I use the “New Chat” button I come to a selection of email addresses. The suggestions seam arbitrary to me and I did not find out from which address book they result. Is there a field, where I can enter an email address manually, if the address I am looking for is not in the suggestions?

Just stumbled upon this post: arbocenc: "#DeltaChat desktop (using #flatpak) runs very wel…" - Todon.nl

Seems there is a flatpak available!

1 Like

I installed it right now and the flatpak is also running on my PinePhone!
Thanks for the note.

1 Like

Hey, is your project still active?

I do not develop ~link2xt/kdeltachat - DeltaChat client built with Kirigami - sourcehut git further currently. I would like to wait until kf6 hits Arch Linux repos and then port it to Qt 6 and Kirigami 6.

There is also a fork with notifications that should be ported to mainline: GitHub - eerielili/kdeltachat: Personal branch for kdeltachat with some added functionnalities

There is an actively developed lk108/deltatouch: Messaging app for Ubuntu Touch, powered by deltachat-core - Codeberg.org but it uses Ubuntu Touch Lomiri components rather than Kirigami so probably not portable to non-ubuntu touch Linux phones.

2 Likes

@Marko I don’t want to ignite too much hope, but I recently got myself a second-hand phone and installed mobian on it…

3 Likes

While sourcehut is down, I have set up a mirror at codeberg: https://codeberg.org/link2xt/kdeltachat

I also fixed compilation with the new core and added one commit to prepare for Kirigami 6.

1 Like

DeltaTouch can run on Mobian and Droidian now. Some things (audio playback + recording, translations, …?) don’t work, and it’s not properly packaged yet. If you want to tinker with it, check out the installation howto.

Feedback and help with packaging welcome.

2 Likes