Easy identification of Delta Chat contacts and phone contacts

Users can’t not differentiate easily between DC contacts and phone contacts, perhaps showing a little badge with a delta sign or another visual clue for the users would help them identify the contact type.

I propose something like this:

Expected behavior

Users can easily know which contact are created on DC only and which are phone contacts.

Actual behavior

All contacts look the same, users can’t know if a given contact is in DC database or in the phone database, they have to check the phone database (the contacts app)

I kind of like the idea of making the deltachat contacts easily identifiable, but in the same time I fear, that this could lead to confusion because users might think they can chat with the contacts with a delta sign. (They might think the other contacts can only be invited to “sign up” to deltachat, as it works for the other proprietary chat services.)

not sure… users know they are using email anyway, also when you select them the chat windows is created with a banner saying something like "you can chat with them even if they don’t have the app"
Having this distinction is useful for users, otherwise how they known if it is a phone contact or just a DC contact (easily)?

If the badge is confusing other way could be used, I am not asking for a badge but for some way to know this easily, I just suggested the badge as example… anyway I think it is not that confusing…

users know they are using email anyway,

if we make sure this is clearly indicated by the UI; then everything is fine by me…

Having this distinction is useful for users, otherwise how they known if it is a phone contact or just a DC contact (easily)?

What’s actually your use case for it? To see if a contact is DC-only and then add it to your address book?

yes, also when joining groups, you may get your contact list in DC pretty messy with friends of your friends.

A work around to this may be: Favourite contacts