Encrypted attachments in regular email

Hi. I have Delta chat set up on a few different devices with the same email account (but not connected).
I have it set to check all mail, not just chats and use it for regular email. I have prefer end to end encryption off on each device.
Every time I use it I get an encrypted attachment in my regular email.
Anyone else get that? Any idea why? It didn’t use to happen.

Which version of Delta Chat do you use on each device?

What do you mean by “every time I use it” - every time you send a message or just every time you open the application?

Which mail has an encrypted attachment? The mail that you send out?

Could be a synchronization message for settings, but it should not be sent every time you open the app.

1 Like

MacOS Sonoma 14.2.1 DeltaChat version 1.44 1 (got: v1.33.0-669-gc878fc787)

iOS 17.4.1 DeltaChat Version 1.44.1

Trying to isolate when it happens, appears to be when selecting “Block” or “Accept” from a new contact, causes an encrypted message to appear in regular email client.

I’ve tried both with “add as a second device” set up and without.

That’s a synchronisation message for multi device usage then (to sync your contact request accept or block action).

1 Like

OK. I guess I’ll have to stop using Delta chat then. I don’t want to be spammed every time I use it.

or you could use a sane email client like K9Mail (now thunderbird) that allows to disable notifications for self-messages (does it makes sense to get a notification for your own messages anyway???)

but your normal email provider is likely not a good option to use with DeltaChat due to rate limits anyway so it is better to use DC with a dedicated chatmail account

about the sync messages, it makes sense to add an option to disable that sync messages more if you use DC in a single device, if you use it in several then it is unavoidable otherwise the state would not be synchronized in all devices

It’s not notifications, it’s emails in the inbox.
Rate limits isn’t an issue.
There is no option to sync or not sync messages. Delta chat is only running on one device.