🧪 Help testing the upcoming 1.37.X release

The time has come for a new Desktop Release! :tada: Help us find the most
annoying bugs so we can make sure this update is ready to be released on
the website and in stores. :muscle:

Release Highlights

:framed_picture: Show thumbnail in chatlist of image, sticker and webxdc messages
:mag: Improved design for message search results
:paperclip: Removed upper limit on attachment size
:coffee: Wake up from standby now reconnects more reliably
:jigsaw: add new webxdc apis sendToChat and importFiles

Linux builds are made against debian 10 now, so the version requirement for glibc is lower, which means it will work also on older distros. (glibc 2.28 now instead of glibc 2.29)

Full Changelog

Testing focus

Normal usage, nothing specific.

Where to report Bugs?

You can find already known bugs on: Issues · deltachat/deltachat-desktop · GitHub

Please report the found bugs either here in this forum topic or even better
as issue on GitHub: Issues · deltachat/deltachat-desktop · GitHub

Downloads

Index of /desktop/v1.37.1/
Index of /desktop/v1.37.1/

Important: please backup your current setup (or most important accounts)
before upgrading in order to be safe when trying test-releases. You can
find this option under Settings > Chats and Media > Backup.

5 Likes

We have another test release:

[1.37.1] - 2023-06-14

Changed

• Settings: Move Experimental Features into Advanced
  • Settings: Move Connectivity button down and give it an icon (like on android and iOS)
  • update in-app help (2023-06-07)

Fixed

• If clipboard contains a file and text, then only paste the file into deltachat. #3261
  • possibly fix asking for camera permission on MacOS #3252

Download

https://download.delta.chat/desktop/v1.37.1/

1 Like

Adding this link into chat:

“move-it-sportcampsPUNKTDE/krafttraining-kinder-jugendliche/#:~:text=Sch%C3%A4dliche%20Nebenwirkungen%20beim%20Krafttraining%20f%C3%BCr,Leichtathletik%20als%20bessere%20Alternative%20gelten.”

PUNKTDE = .de

There is a text part included in the link which prevents on Windows Desktop version that the link is added as a link in the chat. Maybe also due to some characters not accepted as a link. Solution could be to ignore the text part or accept all characters in the text part when adding the link.

@dev24126 I added your link to the issue in the message parser repo: links that have non spec chars in the location part are not clickable · Issue #16 · deltachat/message-parser · GitHub

If you want to test more of the message parser, the current version can be tested at: https://deltachat.github.io/message-parser/

When I remove the tilde (~) from the link it is correctly parsed.
Why does it work on Android? Is there a different message parser?

See also Text fragments | MDN about #:~:text=

From #:~:text= onwards any character can appear, so just copy that part just as it is to the link.

Hello :wave:,
I’ve noticed a small bug that occurs occasionally.
Unfortunately, I can’t always reproduce it.
If you delete an account, it will still be displayed in the list afterwards.
When deleting the next one, either the same thing happens or both accounts disappear.
After restarting DC, they will be displayed as unconfigured accounts and can be deleted.
This problem occurs at least since DC-Desktop 1.36.4.
I wanted to delete the accounts to install a new version.
In my tests with the new one, the problem no longer occurred.
So I thought the bug was fixed and didn’t report it.

Why does it work on Android? Is there a different message parser?

yes it uses some regex, eventually we want to use the rust based thing on all platforms, but as you can see it is not really ready/stable enough yet.

what OS are you on? maybe you could file an issue on github. I guess this is a problem in core with account deletion… but better file the issue in the desktop repo for now

I’m using macOS.

Ok, I will file the issue in GitHub.
By the way, the bug just reappeared.
I have no idea why it works sometimes and then not.

1.38.0 is now rolling out for users, thanks for testing everyone
release progress: Release Progress 1.38.0 · Issue #3277 · deltachat/deltachat-desktop · GitHub

Downloads: Index of /desktop/v1.38.0/

PS: @Raiden there is a chance that this will fix your account deletion issue, could you check it?

Hi, not sure if this is a bug or a feature request? Probably also seen in earlier versions(?).

Shouldn’t the “Enter name or e-mail address” bar always be in focus after pressing the plus-sign? So I dint have to use my mouse to select the input bar.
This is only working here on Kubuntu 22.04 if I have selected “Device Message” and not if I’m reading an old message.

Screenshot_20230622_111622

edit: reported here - “Enter name or e-mail address” bar focus · Issue #3286 · deltachat/deltachat-desktop · GitHub

I would consider this a bug, you can file it on github if you want. correct focus and keyboard control in general is planned, but we did not get to doing it yet. Also thanks for reporting

1 Like

1.38.1 is now rolling out for users, because 1.38.0 had a problem with qr code scanning on linux.
Release Progress: Release Progress 1.38.1 · Issue #3289 · deltachat/deltachat-desktop · GitHub

Downloads: Index of /desktop/v1.38.1/