It’s finally time again for a new Desktop Release, help us find the most annoying bugs, so we can make sure that this update is ready to be released on the website and in the stores.
This release features a new core-based account manager, a view with connectivity details, some code cleanup & refactoring and the new awaited contact request experience (contact requests are now normal chat that can be either blocked or accepted).
- Chat Requests now pop up as single chats and can be inspected in detail before accepting or blocking
- You’ll also find your old requests in the Archive
- Multi-account improved: Switching accounts is now faster and less often blocked by lengthy updates
- Know what’s going on: Info about Connection problems can be found in the settings
- Copy-Paste Images into chat
We changed many things under the hood so test everything with a special focus on:
- login with wrong credentials — is the error displayed correctly?
- backup import / export
- create account from burner qr code
- multi account usage
- Contact requests
- paste in image from clipboard into composer/message-input
- Go online/offline and see if the connectivity toast appears
- open settings and change settings (settings that affect the core), are they set and displayed correctly?
- look if timestamps still auto update (after each minute)
- encryption info (right click on chat in chat view)
- edit group (adding, removing, searching contacts)
- search for chats, contacts and messages
- chat list
we have a new theme that mimics rocket chat - can we ship it or does it need more work? whats your opinion? also there is a dedicated issue on GitHub for it so report new issues that you find on it there: rocket chat theme issues · Issue #2338 · deltachat/deltachat-desktop · GitHubwe disabled it because its not ready
- system theme light/dark mode is respected by DC (if theme is set to automatic)
- switch languages (UI should be updated)
- does it work better on wayland?
You can find already known bugs on: Issues · deltachat/deltachat-desktop · GitHub
Please report the found bugs either here in this forum topic or even better as issue on GitHub: Issues · deltachat/deltachat-desktop · GitHub
WARNING: This version uses a new directory structure for accounts. If you want to revert to an older version after an update, you have to do this via an export/import
Thanks for testing