iOS: Same account, two devices: sent messages not synced

iOS V. 1.1.1 (one device is an iPad Pro the other one an iPhone 11 Pro)

Expected behavior

Same account imported on two iOS devices, messages received and sent should be visible on both devices.

Actual behavior

With the same account imported on two iOS devices, messages received are visible on both devices, the messages sent are only visible on the device where it was sent.

Steps to reproduce the problem

1. Setup account on iOS device 1
  2. Export and import account on second iOS device 2
  3. Send message to contact on iOS device 1
  4. See conversation on iOS device 2
  5. Check if message sent from iOS device 1 is visible in conversation on iOS device 2

Screen snapshots

Enable BCC self in the settings.

Perfect, thx.

This is called “Send copy to self” now?

Hello,
I installed and configured delta chat on ubuntu. now i want to import the account on an ipad but the error message appears: “no backup found” how do i do that so that the account is synchronized on both devices?

You have to export the backup on Ubuntu, somehow transfer the backup file to your ipad (DC currently doesn’t help you with this). Then you have to put it into the “Downloads” folder on your ipad.

In case you are using Android 11, I’m sorry to tell you that importing backups is currently broken; it will be fixed in the next release. See https://github.com/deltachat/deltachat-android/issues/1768, you could also try one of the workarounds posted there.