"pending message" issue

Oh, not fixed yet (unchecked “solved” again.). since “just” found reason for one error, not solved the pendig issue general.

In other cases, for example, a certain email cause the problem, not to seek for all causes of errors, but how to solve a pending issue aside of letting one deleted from the list and adding again, to be able to participate again.

(example: a typos in email domain caused 25: no root to host. Issue fixed by it self 3 days later -> normal 3 days blocked, if not knowing the trick, right)

@SamanaJohann
When a group mail is sent, this mail is transfered only once to the mailserver, but with a list of all recipient adresses. This is smtp. Delta then sets the hook when mail is delivered to the mail server and there is not fault in sending process.

Now, when one of these addresses is broken or wrong format for example it depends from smtp server what happens: a) it can send to the remaining addresses or b) replies with an error and no recipient is reached.

Another situation is for example if recipient address formats are ok, but one recipient for example is not existing at remote system. Then the mail server is sending out, but later an error message is generated.

You should have a look into your inbox or even Contact Requests in Delta Chat if you’re getting an error message.

Then you can decide what happened beside a (possible) bug in Delta.

Appreciation for care and patient, good csb0730.

So good csb0730 thinks, aside of the found bug, other errors wouldn’t cause pending issue as for being blocked to use a group further. If that is the case, so errors are further “just” an issue outside of the app here, this topic would be solved.
Still not sure if not other things, similar errors, wouldn’t cause it again.

I have a similiar issue reported here: Group message not getting sent because of Recipient address rejected: Domain not found · Issue #2095 · deltachat/deltachat-core-rust · GitHub

It’s quite annoying because even if it’s possible to figure out who it is to whom we cannot send the message, deleting them from the group is not possible. DeltaChat will try to send the message to them too and if it fails, will be forever doomed in a try pending loop.

Thanks @SamanaJohann for reporting :slight_smile:

That’s one of the phemonenas in relation with “pending”, yes. Once adding an address with a typos for example. Delete oneself and re-add solves the appearance of no more being able to post once a group issue in regard of members was touched. But if seems as if just the initial inviter gets such troubles.

Just got possible aware on situation where “blocking” because of pending would be actually good: if first (previous) message is not delivered yet, it can possible cause much confusion if laster message arrives first, before previous (as on other place mentioned, the sorting of messages seems to follow different pattern, display, store…)

Yup, this is the problem of message sorting and should get fixed at some point. If an earlier message failed to get sent, later messages should probably block too. But also receiving the messages in a different order can cause this problem, I think there is the idea to include the message id of the previous message so that the other client can know how to sort them.

Should be fixed now: word-encode Chat-Group-Name-Changed by r10s · Pull Request #2141 · deltachat/deltachat-core-rust · GitHub

Sadhu, Sadhu Master link2xt, and mudita
(Could it be used already, updated in action?)

What was meant by not solved is that this case solves a particular error but not the “block of communication through pendig issues” general, if seeing clear, right?

Message-ID is already sent in the In-Reply-To header. However, Delta Chat always puts new messages below all the read messages to make sure you don’t miss them.

One option is to highlight the timestamp for out-of-order messages, so user clearly sees that there was a reordering.

It will be available in the next nightly APK and in the next release, but it is not planned soon.

Appreciation for care and share.
(personal yet not sure about update install as well as not using google play)

The point is merely a newer send, newer received, or newer delivered, of which is hard to recognize, good master Link2xt

See "Failed to send" particular or always all receiver? for works on open issues.

Good master link2xt,

having just installed the nightly-version from 27. January, the issue seems to be still present. Having add a new contact to a chat containing Khmer letters new messages are/staying pending.

(btw. on the mainpage, listing all chats, send and pendig signs seems to got nearly the same color and hardly visible)

I have looked at the message you sent to me previously again: it seems to hit the bug https://github.com/deltachat/deltachat-core-rust/issues/2118

I have marked it as blocker now, we should really prioritize fixing it.

Sadhu for care, good master. As reading “empty…”, maybe good to know for your team: Khmer script uses zero-space signs to divide words (other south Asian scripts too, of which you currently don’t carry for now). Some software has troubles with it and programmer also don’t like it, often cut them away here or there, causing then also issues.

1 Like

The main issue, valued Team, developer, user, seems still existing (using nightly 20.2.2021) once a “problematic” contact is added (and may it be a typos…) all, incl. this info-message, would stay pending and for the most one can just abound the whole chat since one could no more send messages or receive of other. That’s very “unlucky” when starting first approach with delta chat: a sure “kill off”, most for both, Delta-Chat and someone sending email in this way.

To inform.

Could you PM me the email generated by Delta Chat with all the headers again?

Just maybe confused, good master link2tx, but where could my person find them, not set “copy to self”?

My person will send him email-pw so he could look, if helpful. Oh, and a backup. …too large to send here.

It started by adding the 18th member (seems to be maybe critical number)

“Member …@gmx.at added by me.” after incl. this pending, no error mail, nothing.