This is a note about the progress on the current plan of implementing Exporting Chats to an universal format for use for archival or as proof of something.
This is just meant as a todo-list/issue and not as an open feature discussion, if you want to propose an better idea please do so in a new or existing Feature Proposal topic.
You may post small improvement ideas here as long as they don’t blow up the scope like “re-importing the exported chat”.
The current idea is just to have something little more than the barebone text, irc-like thing that whatsapp has, so more in the direction of telegrams html exporter.
- error handling (get rid of most unwrap)
- ffi interface
- json scheme that describes chat.json
- test if files are there in archive (python?)
- Export Locations
- HTML Viewer
- More Advanced Testing
- Check validity and document json files with json schema
- Report a progress like backup export (mainly write to zip step)