Setting up the parameters of the Simplebot

Hi, Simplebots devs!

I started testing simplebot. It is not fast: responds to received messages once every ~18 minutes or when forced to reboot. Is it supposed to be that way, or did I configure it wrong?

hi @RSagittarius it is absolutely not supposed to be that way :)
you can test some running bots here:

also notice that I am moving away from SimpleBot and working in:

and for Golang:

deltabot-cli-py is an asyncio-based python lib that uses a new “Delta Chat RPC server” that makes it easier to run the bot in several platforms, even an old spare android device! and also cross-compiling Delta Chat core is easier with this approach.

the API is still not that nice as the SimpleBot API, but you can make bots in a more customized way, similar to libraries like Telethon for Telegram, without having to stick to the simplebot plugin system

1 Like

Hi!
Thanks for the information about deltabot-cli-py. But I’m afraid I don’t have any extra time to deal with RUST and its packaging in Docker Container. So, I integrated DeltaChat Python bindings with Chatterbot to solve my problems. All that’s left to do is figure out how to manage the bot’s profile, in particular the avatar.

To set the avatar you need to call set_config for the key selfavatar with the path to your avatar image.

See Delta Chat Core C Interface: dc_context_t Class Reference for a list of everything that you can set via set_config. maybe displayname and selfstatus are also useful for your use case.

there are binary releases of the Delta Chat core RPC server, actually it it is available for more platforms that the old bindings you point out (deltachat-core-rust/python at master · deltachat/deltachat-core-rust · GitHub)

the binary releases are in

2 Likes