The ability to remove media compression

It’s been a long time since I asked you to remove the compression. I am faced with a problem once again, the quota for the mail limit is 45 MB, and the video or audio that I send weighs less than 45 MB, and it still compresses it just into useless information, the bitrate drops in the video and nothing can be seen, but the quality of the voice messages will be recorded. Well, please add the uncompressed function already, just in the settings you will be able to select the uncompressed option, what’s wrong with that?

1 Like

Кстати, так же касается сжатия аватарок контактов и групп, если честно не понимаю зачем это сделали, похоже что картинку кодируют в base64 и отправляют текстом. Но в чём проблема просто отправить её файлом?

После смены аватара создаётся список адресов кому аватарка была отправлена. Если контакта нет в списке, значит ему нужно отправить файл с аватаркой. После смены аватара, список стирается и всё по новой. Не вижу ничего плохого, если передать картинку размером до 500КБ, ну если например применить сбалансированое сжатие из готового функционала. А то порой на аватарке пользователя сложно догадаться девушка это или парень.

Hello :wave:,

In this case, it is better to send the video/audio as a file instead. Then the files are displayed in the chat as a video or audio message, but without compression. As far as I know, DC no longer has a limit on file size. The possible size is now only limited by the servers.

DC used to send the avatar images as attachments. Unfortunately, I don’t know why this was changed. As far as I know, the size is limited to 20 KiB, which is often too small for photos.
Perhaps it would be better to send the images as attachments again or at least significantly increase the permitted size in the header.

Hello :wave:

Я соглашусь, что со стороны DC ограничения на размер вложений нет, всё зависит от сервера, я на своём это ограничение убрал. Но дело тут в сжатие на стороне клиента. Зачем DC сжимает, если ограничения действуют на стороне сервера, смысла я не вижу. Я понимаю, что не каждый может убрать ограничение или сжать файл, и знаю что через файл можно отправить без сжатия, но это слегка не комфортно. Что касается решения, оно очевидно, делать в настройках сжатия функцию «без сжатия медиа» причём голосовое сообщение должно входить в эту функцию. А что касается аватаров, то тут однозначно нужно либо поднять это ограничение, либо вовсе убрать.

please speak in English so more people can understand and comment, alternatively, there is a Russian category where your can speak Russian, thanks

I support a statement that DC should take to introduce more customization for media compression. For example, I prefer to send photos without compression and almost any e-mail provider can pass such an attachment. So, it would be better to have a level of media compression customizable for user and their needs.